Charles E. McCulloch, PhD
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University of California, San Francisco
550 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94158
Before coming to UCSF, Dr. MuCulloch spent 18 years at Cornell, becoming Professor and the founding Chair of the Department of Statistical Science. He is the co-author of three textbooks and author of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics monograph, "Generalized Linear Mixed Models."
Dr. McCulloch has over 20 years statistical consulting and collaborative experience.
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Correlated, non-normal data models
- Latent class models
- Effects of misspecification on prediction
- Arean PA Raue P, Mackin RS, Kanellopoulos D, McCulloch C, Alexopoulos GS. Problem-Solving Therapy and Supportive Therapy in Older Adults With Major Depression and Executive Dysfunction. Am J Psychiatry. 2010 Jun 1 [Epub ahead of print]
- Kim H, McCulloch CE, Johnston SC, Lawton MT, Sidney S, Young WL. Comparison of 2 approaches for determining the natural history risk of brain arteriovenous malformation rupture. Am J Epidemiol. 2010 Jun 15;171(12):1317-22. Epub 2010 May 14.
- Vittinghoff E, McCulloch CE, Woo C, Cummings SR. Estimating long-term effects of treatment from placebo-controlled trials with an extension period, using virtual twins. Stat Med. 2010 May 10;29(10):1127-36.
- Gabriel RA, Kim, H, Sidney S, McCulloch CE, Singh V, Johnston SC, Ko NU, Achrol AS, Zaroff JG,. Young WL. Ten-year detection rate of brain arteriovenous malformations in a large, multiethnic, defined population. Stroke. 2010 Jan;41(1):21-6. Epub 2009 Nov 19.
- Kurella Tamura M, Covinsky KE, Chertow GM, Yaffe K, Landefeld CS, McCulloch CE. Functional status of elderly adults before and after initiation of dialysis. N Engl J Med. 2009 Oct 15;361(16):1539-47.
- Lo LJ, Go AS, Chertow GM, McCulloch CE, Fan D, Ordonez JD, Hsu CY. Dialysis-requiring acute renal failure increases the risk of progressive chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int. 2009 Oct;76(8):893-9. Epub 2009 Jul 29.
- Cawthon PM, Ewing SK, McCulloch CE, Ensrud KE, Cauley JA, Cummings SR, Orwoll ES; Osteoporotic Fractures in Men (MrOS) Research Group. Loss of hip BMD in older men: the osteoporotic fractures in men (MrOS) study. J Bone Miner Res. 2009 Oct;24(10):1728-35.
- Bacchetti P, McCulloch CE, Segal MR. Simple, defensible sample sizes based on cost efficiency. Biometrics 64:577-85; discussion 586-94, 2008.
- Marcus GM, Gerber IL, McKeown BH, Vessey JC, Jordan MV, Huddleston M, McCulloch CE, Foster E, Chatterjee K, Michaels AD. The association between phonocardiographic third and fourth heart sounds and objective measures of left ventricular function. JAMA 293:2238-2244, 2005.