Arnold J. Kahn, PhD, MS
Professor Emeritus and Former Chairman, Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, School of Dentistry
University of California, San Francisco
E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
550 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94158
Dr. Kahn is conducting studies on hormesis and the regulation of stress resistance and aging in C elegans, and the epidemiology and relationship to systemic disorders and modeling in Drosophila melanogaster. He is currently a visiting scientist, in residence, at the Buck Institute for Age Research in Novato, California.
- Biomarkers and mechanisms of aging
- Osteoporosis and renal stone disease
- Epigenetics, aging and the fetal origins of adult disease
- Kahn, A and A. Olsen. 2009. Stress to the rescue: is hormesis a cure for aging?
- Kahn AJ and MF Fraga. 2009. Epigenetics and Aging: Status, Challenges and Needs for the Future. J Gerontol. series A, 64(2):195-8.
- Kahn AJ. 2005. Regaining Lost Youth: The Controversial and Colorful Beginnings of Hormone Replacement Therapy in Aging. J Gerontology, Series A, 60:142-147.
- Brizendine L, Wolkowitz O, Halloran and A Kahn 2002. DHEA Supplementation and bone remodeling in middle-aged to elderly men. J Clinical Endocrinol & Metab. Apr;87(4):1544-9.
- Gazit D, Y Zilberman, R Ebner and A Kahn. 1998. Bone loss (osteopenia) in old, male mice results from diminished activity and availability of TGF-β. J Cell Biochem. 70(4):468-477.
- Kirk MD and AJ Kahn. 1995. Extracellular Matrix Synthesized by Clonal Osteogenic Cells is Osteoinductive In vivo and In Vitro: Role of Transforming Growth Factor-Beta 1 in Osteoblast Cell-Matrix Interaction. J Bone Min Res. 10:1203-1208.
- Kahn AJ, Gibbons R, Perkins S, and D Gazit. 1995. Age-related Bone Loss Results from Reciprocal Changes in Marrow Stromal and Hemopoietic Stem Cell Pools. Clin Orthoped. 313:69-75.
- Gibbons R, FP Ross, SL Perkins, DL Lacey J, Martin, R Ebner, S Teitelbaum and AJ Kahn. 1994. Interleukin-4 Enhances Murine Bone Marrow Macrophage M-CSF Receptor Expression by a Post-Transcriptional Mechanism. Lymphokine and Cytokine Res. 3:85-92.
- Bab I, D Gazit, M Chorev, A Muhlrad, A Shteyer, Z Greenberg, M Namdar, and A Kahn. 1992. Histone H4-related Osteogenetic Growth Peptide (OGP): A Novel Circulating Stimulator of Osteoblastic Activity. EMBO J:11:1867-1873.
- Coccia PF, Krivit W, Cervenka J, Clawson C, Kersey JH, Kim TH, Nesbit ME, Ramsay NK, Warkentin PI, Teitelbaum SL, Kahn AJ, Brown DM. 1980. Successful bone-marrow transplantation for infantile malignant osteopetrosis. N Engl J Med. Mar 27;302(13):701-8.